- grids.css - grid layout framework thing. See it in action here.
- colorize.js - make everything a random color. See it in action here.
- baffle.js - do funny glitch text.
- A Complete Guide to Grid
- A Complete Guide to Flexbox
- Keeri's Flexbox Layouts
- CSS Layout - Common gui elements in css.
- XP.css - Fake Windows XP dialog boxes.
- MuPDF - lightweight minimal pdf reader. No toolbars - maximum screen space. Press f1 to list shortcuts.
- SumatraPDF - another pdf reader. Ugly but has some theme options in the advanced settings.
- Lightbulb - lightweight f.lux alternative.
- mpv - lightweight and fantastic media player. My windows setup guide.
- draw.io - make flowcharts quickly.
- paint.net - rastor image editor, good for quick edits & some pixel art. My plugins list.
- HandBrake - convert/compress videos.
- yt-dlp - updated youtube-dl fork. Download youtube videos from the commandline.
- MediaHuman YouTube to MP3 Convertor - Download music from youtube. Does a decent job of automatically fetching track metadata.
- Natron - foss video compositing software.
- Olive - video editor. Way more stable and performant than Kdenlive. Less features though.
- StarTrinityCST - continuous internet speed test. Good for analyzing live adjustments.
- TrenchBroom - Quake engine level editor. You can make maps in this and import them to Godot.
- VeraCrypt - foss disk encryption. Supports virtual disk files.
- Typora - markdown editor. Now paid, but the beta was free if you can get a copy.
- Writemonkey - minimal text/markdown editor.
- ImageGlass - lightweight minimal image viewer.
- Just Color Picker - color picker tool. Get rgb/hex/hsv values from any pixel on your screen.
- Magic Set Editor (MSE) - tcg/ccg card editor. Supports custome templates.
- RClone - lets you mount your google drive locally.
- Portable Symbolic Link Creator - GUI for making symbolic links on windows.
- apng2gif - GUI and commandline tool for converting apng to gif. Use with an apng export plugin for paint.net.
- apng2gif - Commandline tool for image conversion and manipulation. Can do batch image processing. Convoluted syntax but the internet is your friend.
- RIOT - Optimize the shit out of your images.
- XMPlay - Music player. Starts instantly. Tons of skins.
Obscure Free Software
Old and decrepit stuff.
- AudioPaint - generate weird sounds from pictures.
- Coagula - generate weird sounds from pictures.
- MadTracker 2 - music tracker. Supports VST stuff.
- OpenMPT - music tracker.
- Billy - lightweight and minimal music player. Original site is still up, but downloads don't work. You'll need to find a copy elsewhere.
- Bookbinder 3.0 - bookbinding program for pdf files. Jank, but it's saved my ass before.
- clumsy - intentionally cause network instability. Fantastic for multiplayer game dev.
- UnFREEz - lightweight minimal image sequence to gif convertor. Not many options.
- uBlock Origin - widely trusted adblocker. Works wonders.
- Adblock Plus - another adblocker. Supposedly not as good, but still fantastic.
- Download All Images - lets you browse and save all images loaded in the current tab. Useful if the site blocks right clicks or something. I imagine it'll come in handy for right-clicking NFTs lol.
- Sidebery - Vertical tabs!
- My userchrome.css
- Background Removal
- Floyd-Steinberg Dithering
- Error Diffusion Dithering
- Simulate Color Depth
- Ordered Dither
- Q'MIC (listed below) has many additional dither algorithms
- Quantize (built-in effect)
- Tiling/Repeating/Seamless Textures
- Alter/Ego - Free vocaloid thing, janky but works. Free voicebanks available online.
- Synth1 - Thousands of banks available online, most are shit but some are gold.